Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albert2121
Reel Rookie

Roku Tv

yesterday i posted regarding problems with roku account linking to my tv problems generating codes that were supposed to appear on my roku tv.......and it looks that it is a common problem with roku according to the roku community.... all i have to say don't buy any roku product due to the terrible or none customer support... before i return my $160 roku ultra to amazon and get my money back.. i will make youtube videos explaining why not to buy roku products.... good night..

7 REPLIES 7
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Tv

If you paid $160 for an Ultra, you were scammed by some Amazon Marketplace reseller. It's $99.99 directly from Roku, and has been on sale several times even lower. 

Without knowing specifically the issue you had with your Roku TV, I can only make assumptions. Roku has changed the method of activating new devices in their effort to stop the scammers that have manipulated the search engines to direct users to a scam authentication web site so they can claim you have to pay fees. Perhaps you weren't getting to the real Roku authentication site. The most recent device I've linked was an Ultra 4800, and the process worked just fine. In the past, I did have one defective Roku TV from Best Buy (Insignia) that I returned for a replacement, and that replacement is still working just fine almost 5 years later. My oldest Roku is a 2 XS that is close to 10 years old. While it still works, I don't use it because it doesn't have enough power to run the latest channels, and is no longer supported by Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Albert2121
Reel Rookie

if they change any procedures before feeding 
customer from data base.... with the process they are doing before they start they are cheating....if they are selling a a service  on a product without update anything or informingpreviously....they are cheating on buyiers..... 

they have to take products out of service....because they are using your time +money.....

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I can't understand what you're trying to say, and the all caps makes it even more difficult. Roku hasn't cheated on anything, there is no cost to register/link a device to a user account. There's no cost for a user account. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can clearly explain your issue, perhaps I can be of some assistance.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I agree with @atc98092. Your first post says you posted yesterday, but the posts in this thread are the only posts that I can find from you.  Without that missing context, I don't understand what's going on.  You could be having a technical issue, or you might have gone to a scam website.  Also you talk of an Ultra, which is a small media device and a Roku TV which is not.  Can you start from the beginning and describe the entire problem in detail?

0 Kudos
Darnell77
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra-got mine for a cheaper price.

I paid 87 for mine on Amazon,plus I had 38 dollars in points to knock down the price even more!

0 Kudos
Darnell77
Reel Rookie

Correction:I meant I paid 49 dollars!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Darnell77,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos