Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summerp
Level 7

Roku Tv is doing things on its own

Jump to solution

My Roku TV will turn the volume all the way up, go through menus/settings, turn its self off, etc. I have tried EVERYTHING. I've unplugged it, factory reset it, re-started it, changed remote batteries, made sure its not connected to an app or other remote. Someone please help. I tried calling but no one is there to answer phone calls because of the situation so I sent an email and have not yet heard back. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Tv is doing things on its own

Jump to solution

@summerp 

Thanks for the posts.

As @optikhog mentioned, have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
optikhog
Level 13

Jump to solution

Since this is a Roku TV, you will need to contact the TV manufacturer, not Roku.  You didn't mention what brand it was, but TCL, Sharp, etc all have tech support lines for these types of issues.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@summerp 

Thanks for the posts.

As @optikhog mentioned, have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos