Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain_PITA
Reel Rookie

Roku Tv, TCL Alto 7+, and Roku wireless speakers?

I have a 75" TCL Roku TV. I have the TCL 7+ Alto sound bar with subwoofer connected through ARC (sub is wireless). I really want to add the Roku wireless speakers as rear channels. 

I have read conflicting answers but I'm curious if the above combo would work? Since I'd be connecting the wireless speakers to the TV via Bluetooth, would it send sound to both?  I saw someone say that it was possible in version 10.x of the Roku software and I'm on version 11. 

I might just buy and try them out but figured I would ask first. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Tv, TCL Alto 7+, and Roku wireless speakers?

@Captain_PITA 

According to the Roku Website, the speakers require a Roku TV, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar and are not designed to work with other TVs. So, yeah, it should work.

https://www.roku.com/products/audio/roku-wireless-speakers

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Captain_PITA
Reel Rookie

I mean... I have a Roku TV.  It's a TCL Roku TV.  I was just curious if anyone had actually tried it.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Your TCL Alto 7+ is only Roku Ready, meaning it will work with Roku remote, you can't pair Roku speakers to it, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Captain_PITA
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply Edmund.  I guess my question is more about pairing the speakers to the TV, not to the TCL Alto 7+.  Everyone keeps talking about pairing them to the soundbar but I'm not sure why I would do that?  I must be missing something.

0 Kudos