Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swalker
Level 7

Roku Tv “Powering off” then turn back on after 9.3 Update

I use Apple TV 4K the majority of the time with my ROKU TV. I rely on the CEC functionality to turn off the TV once I’m finished watching Apple TV. Following the installation of Roku 9.3, when I turn Apple TV off I receive the on screen message that the TV is “Powering Off”, the TV appears to turn off, but soon after a moment and the TV returns to the ROKU home page. I would like the TV to turn off as it did before the update. 

4 Replies
ChromeisBetter
Level 10

Re: Roku Tv “Powering off” then turn back on after 9.3 Update

Been happening for long time.

0 Kudos
Daboys166
Level 7

I have the same exact problem.  I have a Bose SoundTouch 300 sound bar and an Apple TV 4K and have been using the CEC options ARC enabled, 1-touch enabled, and System Standby enabled.  This allowed me to use the Apple TV remote to turn on the TCL Roku tv by pressing the Menu button.  Then I then I put the Apple TV to sleep to turn off Apple TV, Soundbar, and TCL Roku TV.  This worked great until the 9.3 update on 06/26/2020.

Tags (2)
imeggman
Level 9

I've been having similar problems with the TV shutting itself off after the recent update. 

It SEEMS to have something to do with video settings.   When I reset the video setting to factory default, and don't further adjust them, it seems to be fine.  ANY adjustment outside of the factory setting seems to cause the TV to start acting up, and it only started doing this after the update Friday night.

0 Kudos
kylhill
Level 7

I have the exact same problem with Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 4.  When Kodi activates the screensaver, it sets my Roku TV to standby mode.  Unfortunately, the Roku TV it turns back on several seconds later.  This started happening as soon as I got the 9.3 Update, but worked perfectly before I got the update.  Is there any way to restore the previous behavior?

0 Kudos