Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Touch Tabletop Remote programmable presets no longer work if TV is off

I have a TCL Roku TV with Roku 9020R2 Wireless Speakers.  Until recently, with the TV off, I could press a preset button on the tabletop remote and the speakers would begin streaming my saved streaming source with the TV display off - Dark Mode.  Now I have to use a voice command to enter Dark Mode streaming if the TV is off.  Once streaming, my preset buttons work like before. 

My Roku is using the latest software 9.3.0.  I reset and re-paired both speakers and the tabletop remote but the issue persists.  "Fast TV Start" is ON. I this issue related to the new OS update? 

The convenience of simply pressing a preset button on the tabletop remote to instantly enable TV dark mode streaming on my favorite Pandora channel was a big reason I purchased these speakers.  Anyone else having issues?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Touch Tabletop Remote programmable presets no longer work if TV is off

I am having a similar issue.  Recently my preset no longer powers on the TV and switches to a particular input.  However when the TV is already powered on the preset will work as programmed and switch to the proper input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That is exactly what mine is doing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same problem here, started a few days ago. Additionally, the display off feature doesn't work properly. Display keeps popping on a few seconds after turning it off. This is with Tune-in presets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kirkle @dsiman @Ritepath 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please send me a PM (private message) with the following information:
-Roku account email
-Roku TV serial number
-Roku TV OS version
-When was the last time you were not experiencing this issue?

Most of this information can be found in Settings > System > About.

Once I have that information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Issues still unresolved. Additionally, when playing SiriusXM on Roku TV the asterisk button on the remote does not bring up any option to turn off display, so if listening to SiriusXM the screen image has to be on at all times.

All music apps should have option to turn off screen, be able to be launched from tabletop remote without the TV being on first, and not have the screen display turn on by itself after turning the display off. Fix all three items and you'll have a great accessory. Right now the tabletop remote is close to being a paperweight.

-IFS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

After the recent update, The tabletop remote presets will now turn the tv on and allow me to stream music with the display off - but only one time.  If I select a second preset while the display is off, the display turns on and stays on.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes, I can now launch Tune-In stations while the TV is off. However, a few seconds later the display pops on. I can turn the display off, but it pops on by itself after a few seconds. They need to fix the feature that allows music listening with the screen off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not the response I was hoping for:

This was a change that was made in order to restore the commands while the display is off. We would like to let you know the this was a required change however we will pass this as feedback regarding your case to our engineering team for a future update. Also, to let you know we cannot provide if or when the ability to change channels while the display is off will return and you will need to manually turn the display off for now.

Regards,
Josh
Roku Customer Support

Not sure why they had to break it, but they did a good job....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes, Just tell them to re-program it like it was a couple months ago. It was working fine then. I don't know what they were trying to fix, but in doing so, they broke a whole lot more functionality (at least for me). The business of the display popping back on 10-15 seconds after turning it off (when using Tune-In) is perplexing.