Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjworrall
Level 7

Roku Telstra tv

I have a Telstra tv box and it is powered by ROKU. I just changed the box from old tv to new and it has asked me for password. I don't have one. I have repeatedly tried to reset through the Roku website but they don't send email back.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku Telstra tv

"mjworrall" wrote:
I have a Telstra tv box and it is powered by ROKU. I just changed the box from old tv to new and it has asked me for password. I don't have one. I have repeatedly tried to reset through the Roku website but they don't send email back.

My guess is that you're in Australia. You didn't list your location on your profile, so I'm guessing here.

Have you actually tried contacting Telestra? Roku may make the internals, but Telestra brands the device, and actually has the account. You should contact Telestra. They're the ones who you're paying $99/month to for the service. They have a vested interest in keeping that cash coming, so they should be helpful.

It's unlikely you have a Roku account. This is no different than buying an iPhone that contains Samsung internals. If you're having an issue with your iPhone, you should contact Apple, not the company that makes the screen for the iPhone. Likewise, you want Telestra, not Roku. Telestra is the one you have an account (and password) with.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos