Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sfyh
Reel Rookie

Roku TV zooms in after commercials on Crunchyroll

Jump to solution

I have tried removing the application, restarting and then reinstalling but it doesn’t seem to work. I have even messed around with the picture settings, but nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV zooms in after commercials on Crunchyroll

Jump to solution

@Sfyh , the official response will be that you should contact Crunchyroll support. It's a problem with their streaming app.

You might try settings>system>advanced>factory reset. That will lose all your settings, starting over. Maybe installing the steaming app after that would be different.

The Crunchyroll support forum suggests it's not developed well.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku zooms in after commercials on Crunchyroll

Jump to solution

See if this helps:

Go to System > Display type  Settings > Display type

Set it to your TV's resolution instead of the "auto" setting.  When you get to the countdown screen click on the "yes" option to lock in the setting.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Sfyh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I go into system I don’t see display type or anything similar. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Sorry, typo.  Settings > Display type.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Sfyh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Display type isn’t under settings either. When I’m in the Crunchyroll app I have tried changing the picture size and mode, but it reverts back to a zoomed in picture.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Sorry again.  I missed that in your subject line you said this is a Roku TV, not a separate Roku device.

Roku TVs don't have a "Display type" setting.  They already know what sort of display they have and what resolutions they support.

This sounds to me like Crunchyroll is correctly telling the Roku to switch to the proper resolution for the commercials (switching down to 720p perhaps), but is failing to tell the Roku to switch back to the resolution needed to resume the program (maybe 1080i or 1080p). 

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sfyh , the official response will be that you should contact Crunchyroll support. It's a problem with their streaming app.

You might try settings>system>advanced>factory reset. That will lose all your settings, starting over. Maybe installing the steaming app after that would be different.

The Crunchyroll support forum suggests it's not developed well.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Sfyh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If I did the factory reset will it be set the tv back to when I first bought it? I’d have to reinstall all the apps?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Sfyh wrote:

If I did the factory reset will it be set the tv back to when I first bought it? I’d have to reinstall all the apps?

Once you get it linked to your existing Roku account, it will reinstall all your existing channels.  What it won't do is log you in to those that require a login or link to a provider account -- you'll have to do that manually.