Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMAR98
Reel Rookie

Roku TV won't stop updating

I reset my Roku TV and it just keeps having me set it up. I've done this 4 times already and nothing worked. I even tried reseting my router and it didn't work. I need help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV won't stop updating

@DMAR98

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DMAR98
Reel Rookie

I select my language, then I put in my router and my password and it's connects but says I need to update. The only option I have is to update, so I do. When it gets to 100% my tv restarts and when it turns back on, I'm right back where I started on the recovery screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DMAR98

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend trying to use an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see to if you can get past updating your Roku device. Then once your device has finished setting up, try switching back to your home wireless network to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DMAR98
Reel Rookie

It does the same thing when I tried a mobile hotspot.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@DMAR98

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos