Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DorieC25

Roku TV won’t scan for networks

Jump to solution

My Roku tv will not scan for networks. It’s not a connection issue or internet strength issue, because I brought another tv into the same room and it works. When I scan, it blinks briefly like it will scan and immediately goes to a screen telling me to scan again. I’ve reset everything already (router, tv) and nothing is solving the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV won’t scan for networks

Jump to solution

@bhind, if you're setting up the TV for the first time or after a factory reset, you can find it by going through the wireless network setup and going to the "Private network" entry.  If it was already set up, you should be able to see it under Settings->System->About or Settings->Network->About.  If you ever see all zeros or "hardware missing" (or something like that), then you have a hardware failure.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

@DorieC25, is the "Wireless MAC address" that's displayed under Settings->Network->About all zeros?  Do you get any message about Wireless or Wi-Fi hardware missing?

Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@renojim @DorieC25 What Reno Jim said worked for me and in general I’ve had a very easy time being able to scan for channels, so hopefully the issue you’re having won’t persist

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Im havining the same issue and your reply doesn't really make sense. You're asking us to look at our mac address but we can't answer your question if we DONT have one while OFFLINE. We can't scan for networks, it just blinks "scanning for networks" and then goes away promting us with the same option to scan again. And yes I used an ethernet cable which solves the issue of being offline but we want to connect WIRELESS. Just to rule out that it's not cause of something on our end but some on rokus end whether it be hardware or software realted. I just want a solution before I go on a replace this tv

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@RowkuNoWork, all network devices have a MAC address.  Without one (or one that's all zeros), they could never connect to any network.  You can see both of yours that are assigned to the wireless and wired hardware by navigating to Settings->System->About.  If the wireless MAC address is all zeros, you'll never be able to connect to Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
bhind

Jump to solution

I am having this same problem, but my MAC address is not listed under the About section. Just the TV hardware is. 
Is there somewhere else I can check?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@bhind, if you're setting up the TV for the first time or after a factory reset, you can find it by going through the wireless network setup and going to the "Private network" entry.  If it was already set up, you should be able to see it under Settings->System->About or Settings->Network->About.  If you ever see all zeros or "hardware missing" (or something like that), then you have a hardware failure.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.