Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV won’t display picture when turned on

Jump to solution

Hi Hurleygirl,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in assisting you further in this problem.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kimbumbles

Jump to solution

Hi there,

This issues started several months ago. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. How are you suppose to rest the TV when you can't get a picture.

I've unplugged the TV for 20 minutes and still don't have a picture, can hear the sounds but no picture.

I tried going to settings in my Roku app but the options are not there.  This is very frustrating, I've spent over $400 for the TV and I can't even watch it.  

I've attempted to reach out to support and both times the prompt asks if I'm over 50 hit 1 if not hit 2, i hit 2 and it hangs up on me.  Need some tech support PLEASE!!

Kim

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kimbumbles

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread, it's possible that the issue you are experiencing is hardware related.

Have you tried contacting [Roku TV company] support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
8d2

Jump to solution

Hi there…my JVC 43" Class 4K (2160p) Roku Smart TV did the same (sound, could see screens would work, but any tv show or movie, the picture would not work). I read the suggestion to turn off the t.v (I found nothing that helped in “settings”), however, I’m impatient and, probably, waited about 2-3mins after unplugging.  I plug it back in, turned it on and, fortunately, it worked and when I turned it on this a.m., I had sound and picture.  My daughter removed her Nintendo Switch from the t.v & I’m wondering if that was the cause. 🤞no more issues.  Thanks for this forum, all the suggestions, especially, the suggestion to unplug and restart!!  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Our 50" Onn Roku TV will turn on randomly.  But 1/3 times it does not come on at all.  If we unplug/replug it the TV will come on.  We cannot keep reaching behind the TV to do this every time.  We have not even had this TV for a year and it's glitching very badly.  

PLEASE help!

Brenda

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @brendaspeas,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are inquiring about Roku TV randomly turning on, is that correct? For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: ONN Support or call them at 1-844-334-2355.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
msmith62

Jump to solution

I was watching tv this morning, then turned it off. I went to turn it back on (rca 50"roku tv} and nothing. i have done all suggestions but nothing is bringing up a picture. Very disappointed that it would quit without any warning.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @msmith62

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Canuck2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the display on my TV suddenly stopped working. Tried unplugging and and waiting, reset, nothing works. I am only able to hear audio from apps and cable tv. Same thing is happening whether the video signal comes through hdmi cable or the analog connection with cable. Not able to do anything with settings etc because the screen in dark blue and blank.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Canuck2

Thanks for the post.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in resolves the issue.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos