Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvd1022
Roku Guru

Roku TV won’t display picture when turned on

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have unfortunately run into a problem with my 65 inch TCL Roku TV that I purchased in November 2018. My family and I love TCL and Roku. Quite frankly, it is the best TV I have ever seen and we normally have no issues. Today, my mom left our house and shut the TV off. When she came home, we went to turn the TV back on, but there is no picture. It seemed like there may have been a brief flicker, but the screen has remained black as if it were off and does not even display the home screen. We have tried unplugging, replugging, switching surge protectors, even tried to reset the TV from the side of the TV, but we can’t get a picture on. We are both physically disabled so it is difficult for us to do anything physical and with the current situation regarding Coronavirus, we are both more or less house bound.

I also tried calling TCL directly, but couldn’t get anywhere. I was wondering/hoping someone on the forum or maybe from Roku may be able to help us out. To be frank, I have been upset most of the afternoon because of this and because of the current situation and financial strain, I really do not want to have to make a run to the store to get another Roku TV of the same size especially given that it is barely a year and a half old.  My TCL TV is the 4-series model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV won’t display picture when turned on

Jump to solution

Hi @brendaspeas,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you are inquiring about Roku TV randomly turning on, is that correct? For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: ONN Support or call them at 1-844-334-2355.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
aphantom420
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 55'in roku tv is doing the same s**t , I think it may be a glitch in their system . 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@aphantom420 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that they were able to resolve the issue by unplugging their TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying this and keeping us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LDANIELS

Jump to solution

I have a 65 inch Roku Hisense and have done everything suggested. It is still not working for me. So what would be my options at this point.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LDANIELS 

Thanks for the post.

If the suggested troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue you are experiencing, we would recommend reaching out to Hisense directly as you may be experiencing a hardware issue that they would best be able to assist you with.

You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Hi Danny, currently the TV I reported the problem with is sitting in storage. We left it unplugged for two months and tried to plug it back in and still couldn’t get anything to come up in terms of a picture. Thanks to the generosity of a friend of our family, I was able to get an updated model of the TCL TV, but I will be honest with you when I say that I am not happy and I’m still trying to figure out what to do with the TV that is in storage.

I also wasn’t exactly pleased when I heard back from TCL and they asked for information, (Model number, receipt/proof of purchase, etc.) which I provided, only to be told that they couldn’t do anything, not even point me in the right direction as far as getting it fixed. If it weren’t for the family friend stepping in and buying an updated model, I probably would have bought a different brand than TCL, but seeing as others have reported the same issue with non-TCL Roku TVs, am I to assume they only last under two years?

I apologize because I realize you’re doing your job and I don’t want to take my frustration out on you or Roku because Roku has always been good to me whenever I have had a problem with a device or other question, etc., but when you’re on a fixed income and you spend $400+ on a television and that television stops working a year and a half later, it does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Perhaps Roku could work to resolve this issue with the TV companies putting Roku’s platform into their televisions. I do apologize for the late reply, but I honestly thought that no one was going to answer as it’s been months.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Markiyabr

Jump to solution

Did it turn on eventually? I really need my tv right now

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

im having same problem

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I  have a 58´´ SHARP ROKU TV and is does not show any imagen but it turn on 

i have this tv for less than a year

0 Kudos
Hurleygirl

Jump to solution

My 70 inch Roku tv win come on I turned it off last night and this morning turned it on and the screen is black idk what to do can someone help me,.   Confused in Kentucky

0 Kudos