Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku TV wireless network issues - no Interference menu option

My Roku TV was updated to 9.2.6 build 5203 two days ago and is now destroying my WiFi. Can’t disable Device Connect because I have the wireless speakers and subwoofer. Disabling interference does nothing. The channel hopping ”trick” on my router does nothing. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku TV wireless network issues - no Interference menu option

@paulcreediii Thanks for reaching out. Could you describe more details about the issue that you are encountering? Is your TV connected to your wireless network, or is it connected via ethernet? Does swapping this connection type impact the behavior you are seeing? 

With more details, we continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@RokuTannerD: the RokuTV is wireless via my router's 5Ghz band. Switching my other wireless devices that were using 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz seems to have resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@paulcreediii Thanks for clarifying. What behaviors/issues were you seeing prior to this? Is your 5GHz network configured for auto-channel switching? Does the same behavior occur if you select a specific wireless channel for broadcast? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@RokuTannerD: up until two days ago, everything was fine as far as wifi was concerned. The issues started with the update the TV installed two days ago.

My router does not support auto-channel assignment. Using a wifi analysis app, I observed as I changed the router to a different channel on 5Ghz and the Roku "chased" the channel within a few seconds of changing it on the router. Watching the router's signal strength change, the Roku signal kept pace to match or exceed the router. 

0 Kudos