Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpuheaven
Level 7

Roku TV will not connect to iPhone/iPad hotspot.

My RokuTV, about 3 months old, will no longer connect to my iPhone or iPad hotspots. As these are my only internet connections this has rendered my RokuTV worthless to me... Anyone have any advice?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku TV will not connect to iPhone/iPad hotspot.

First off, what brand Roku TV, and what model iPhone? There are reports of problems with the iPhone X. I just tried connecting my Sharp Roku TV to my iPhone 6S and had no problems. Make sure your hotspot password only has letters and numbers, and there's no spaces in your phone name (although I have space and an apostrophe and it works fine). 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
cpuheaven
Level 7

TCL TV
iPad pro 11" (MU0P2LL/A)
I believe my iPhone is a 7

Hotspot password only had letters. Network name is one word "iPad".
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

My only suggestion is to reboot the TV, reboot the phone/iPad, and perhaps do a network connection reset on the TV. That last one is in the TV Settings menu, under System/Advanced System Settings. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos