Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolumad222
Level 7

Roku TV volume is super Quiet on some channels.

Hello, I got the Sharp Roku 55" TV on black Friday Model: LC-55LB481U

I am very pleased with the TV, but I have a problem with some of the Roku Channels, specifically Amazon and Netflix (I haven't tried many others)

The volume is super low on them, to the point I have to turn the volume up to 80%. What's funny is that my regular TV input comes in crystal clear and I can hear it easily at 20%.

So it is not a hardware issue, the speakers work, it must be a software issue right?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

Re: Roku TV volume is super Quiet on some channels.

It's not the Roku nor your TV (I use an AVR rather than TV speakers, but the result is the same). It's the software, specifically the channel developer's software. There's nothing you can do about it other than complain to the developer (which is the same as nothing, as they won't change it). I always have to turn the volume down on music channels, and increase it on certain video channels.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

It's not the developer.  There's literally nothing that can be done in Roku channel software to affect the audio level (with the possible exception of Netflix which has always had an inside edge when it comes to their Roku channel, but I sincerely doubt their software is able to affect the audio level).  It's purely a result of how the video and audio are muxed together at the source.  Blame the content provider for any audio level problems, not the developer.

-JT
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

The bottom line is "that's what remote controls are used for".
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
EagleFlyFree
Level 7

Hi.
I have exactly the same issue.
Sharp Roku TV.
I have just added an LG soundbar of 300W.
The bar reaches a super powerful volume from any source, but when using directly the Roku the sound is poor

Any other hint than "it will be never solved?" Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Legierk
Level 8

Change the audio out from whatever it is on now to DD/DTS. DO NOT use DD+. I believe that this is the source of your problem. DD+ is kinda jacked up right now. "Auto" will not work correctly either. Try it and report back please.
0 Kudos
bks18
Level 7

I am having the same issues. About a month ago I bought a TCL 4K Roku tv. I love the picture quality but the audio was very poor especially when watching Netflix and Amazon so I installed a sound bar. The volume is still not very loud. I tried the HDMI arc 3 and also the digital audio output with no luck in trying to boost the TVs audio output.
0 Kudos
golivefree
Level 7

I also have an LG soundbar. The sound from the Vevo channel is extremely loud. Netflix previews (on the main Netflix screen) are also loud. The actual Netflix shows ahd movies play at lower volume though. 

0 Kudos