Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylvieknoell99_
Reel Rookie

Roku TV unable to connect wireless network

My roku tv was working fine and then it randomly dropped connection and wouldn’t connect again. Nothing was wrong with the internet and it wouldn’t connect to my hotspot either. I called customer service and we tried everything , even a factory reset and at first it still wasn’t connecting but now it says connected but it still won’t let me go to the Home Screen , I’m just stuck on the network setup page and can’t do anything else.. I’ve tried literally everything.. I was told I’d get an email today but I need this fixed asap. Whenever I connect it , it tries to check for software updates and then it says that’s it’s unable to check for updates and to please try again later or something along those lines. Idk what to do I don’t think I’ve even had this tv for an entire year and it was just working fine earlier today so idk what’s going on.. I live in an apartment complex and there’s free wifi , so I don’t have a wifi router.. but it says connected and says the signal strength is excellent so it’s something that’s wrong with the roku tv . Idk what to do I’ve been up all night tryna get it to work .. customer service couldn’t even fix the issue and now I’m very worried that nobody is going to be able to fix it .

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV unable to connect wireless network

@Sylvieknoell99_

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku TV? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Nicolegi

Anyone have an answer on this? I've done all the time wasting steps of unplug, re-plug, factory reset. My internet is fine. Also tried my mobile hotspot. No luck. 

Please help. I can't watch anything live. I don't know if this is fixable, or if I need to go buy a firestick.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Nicolegi

We're here to help!

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

If still no dice, please reply here with the model number of the affected device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos