Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ct_connect
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

I haven't had the issue since I replaced the initial (wifi) remote that came with the Roku with a IR-only remote from Amazon

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Even my onn Roku tv started doing this today? Not sure why it does

0 Kudos
Tricia1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My ONN Roku just started doing this today. I simply paused a TV show to take a phone call and it turned itself off. Then back on. Then off and on since. Can’t even make it to the Home Screen. I have tried every power outlet in the house. I have tried doing as Roku said “hold down the power button pointing at TV for 15 seconds” didn’t do anything. It’s been doing this for 4 hours now. I’m getting mad. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tricia1983

Thanks for the post.

Do you have any other device remotes in the same room? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Have you tried contacting Onn support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blondiebachus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ours is TCL

0 Kudos
Blondiebachus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well I have actually done that at least 5 times and it does not solve the problem. 

@inisman69 wrote:

Lol just press the reset button on the back under all the HDMI ports 

0 Kudos
Blondiebachus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried that and it didn’t work either. 

0 Kudos
Blondiebachus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My TV is 6 months old (TCL).  I changed the batteries on the remote.  I’ve unplugged and plugged back in numerous times.  I tried a hard reset several times.  Nothing works.  It not only turns on and off, it also cycles through the settings and turns on the live tv feature. 

0 Kudos
Jd131
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Buying a new remote fixed my problem. Take the batteries out of the old remote so that it doesn’t interfere with your new remote.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous7

Jump to solution

My TV ONLY does this with a ROKU device. No other devices require the TV to turn on and off on it's own.

I have left for vacation and came back 4 days later to discover that my TV has been on for possibly the entire 4 days. This is a waste of electricity and possibly even a fire hazard depending on certain people's TV setups.

ROKU will not attach to WPA3, ROKU shows up as a discoverable device to iphone accounts and laptops, the ROKU turns on by itself.. this is scary and lazy on the ROKU design.

ROKU needs to issue an update for these things.

0 Kudos