Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon30058

Re: Roku TV turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

My TV started doing the same thing - every time I powered it on, it would power off. I'm not saying anything bad about the brand, but mine is a less expensive ONN brand Roku TV. So it must have something to do with Roku and not the manufacturer if so many different brands are doing the same thing. (By the way, my ONN tv is wonderful.. great picture, sound, etc. I was just trying to make a point.) 

JAD55

Jump to solution

Saw where a guy was having same issue. I followed his instructions and my Roku Express is working normally. No more turning itself off and on.

Change the batteries in your tv remote!!!

I had changed the Roku remote batteries with no change. However when I changed the batteries in tv remote...issue resolved!!  Thanks for the advice

0 Kudos
Hillv4

Jump to solution

Yes tried all of them but tv doesn't stay on.When I do try to put Sling on No difference it cuts on and off.They resolved my issue by issuing me a refund gift card so I purchased another TV.My tv wasn't even 2yrs old.

catch

Re: TV turns on

Jump to solution

I have been having this same problem however it has begun happening at night or in the middle of the night and I wake up to TV turned on.  It's been driving me crazy b/c I have never used nor even know where the remote finder button is.  I am now disconnecting the TV before going to bed.

0 Kudos
Deeder

Re: TV turns on and off and on and off twice

Jump to solution

My Hitachi Roku enabled TV does this about 1-2 times a day. It turns itself off and on then before leaving the initial “Hitachi” screen turns itself back off and back on, then runs fine for the rest of the day. My son wanted to call “Ghost Hunters” 😂 (so the hang a crucifix over the TV comment tickled me) but I said it’s more like a reboot of the system, it can get very annoying but hasn’t worsened. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I will attempt a battery change (my poor remote is taped together - maybe I should just order another remote). 

0 Kudos
Slam213

Jump to solution

My solution was to take batteries out of remote and download app on my phone . This worked for me . It stopped turning off . I think my remote got messed up from moisture or I don’t know

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What app do I download?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US&gl=US

for Android.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
drewboy810

Jump to solution

My Hisense TV is doing the same thing. Did you ever figure out a solution?

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Lol..that doesn't work!!! Done it many times. 

@pinisman69 wrote:

Lol just press the reset button on the back under all the HDMI ports 

0 Kudos