Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anihluv
Reel Rookie

Roku TV turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

Today, out of all day, my tv decided to power off and on, on its own. I’ve factory reset, tried different outlets, unplugged accessories, yet nothing is stopping this issue From happening past five minutes. Idk what to do, there was no “low power sign” so I have no idea what’s going on. Keep in mind I had no prior issues, until today.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

@Anihluv 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

The issue you are experiencing my be related to a hardware issue and we would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: 

Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

Model number??? TV brand????

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Anihluv
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku turns on and off, on its own

Jump to solution

Model #: NS-32DR310NA17

insignia brand tv 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Anihluv 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Hcp47

Jump to solution

June 19th 2020.... Roku Express kept going on and off and off..... Tried everything that I could..... Rebooted router....... Checked all chords.....Switched the Roku Express I have in the bedroom with the one I have in the living room....

Same thing on off on off....,.,.. UNPLUGGED

MY CHROMECAST..... THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY DISAPPEARED........ Don't ask me why........ All fixed now!!!!!!?

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hang a Crucifix upside down and fire up some Frankincense.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Rahnjs1960

Jump to solution

That’s a terrible response by ROKU.  This is happening to several different makes of TVs.  How is this a “tv” problem if it’s happening on several types of tv.  Mine is a Hisense

Umma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is NOT an answer. I just started having this very issue with a Roku Premiere connected to a Samsung TV. It keeps tuning on and off. This issue is clearly on Roku side. If I am forced to use Samsung TV apps - which I’ve been avoiding for no particular reason - this will be the last Roku I bought.

rblack

Jump to solution

My Insignia Roku TV started doing this after I installed a Roku software update. TV will freeze for half a minute then restart. Very annoying. This is definitely a Roku issue.

Melissa1

Jump to solution

Help.......[personal information removed]