Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrReese
Reel Rookie

Roku TV stuck on splash screen

I Have a whole different problem regarding this update.

I turned my TV (TCL R615) on after i got home and got a splash page informing me of the update.

My Issue is that I lost my remote months ago.  SO I use the roku remote app on my iphone and ipad to navigate.  but now the app is not connecting or seeing my TV,  Ive had the TV about 2 years and this s the first time I cant connect the app.  Therefore I cant get past the splash screen since the remote wont work.  is there a fix for this other than buying a new remote I shouldnt have to buy just because there was an update?  MY TV doesnt have buttons on the actual TV so everythng is done via the remote.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV stuck on splash screen

@MrReese, try unplugging the power for several seconds and plugging it back in.  I think the splash screen should be gone once it restarts and hopefully the app will work again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MrReese
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck on splash screen

HI

I should have thought of that, i only tried to restart it several times.   I unplugged it for a few mns.

Plugged it back in, turned in on and the splash screen was still there BUT this time my remote app was able to connect back to the TV and is working again.  thanks

0 Kudos