Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLoh73

Re: Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

Unfortunately this is NOT the solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TLoh73

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information,  we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lynyrd
Reel Rookie

The comment below is from June 22nd hoping for a response from Danny...

REALLY!!! Because my Roku Ultra did the same thing this morning. Remote WILL turn on my flat screen (nonSmart) LG TV, but Roku is STUCK on the LANGUAGE SELECTION screen. No matter if you unplug, plug in, put in new batteries, hit the PAIR button...IT IS STUCK ON THE LANGUAGE page and will not go any further! PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! I have HAD IT!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lynrd

It looks like we responded to your previous post and you didn't follow up with us.

For reference, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device ? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harmonyvsdawrld
Reel Rookie

Did anyone ever figure this out?!? Lmk asap 

0 Kudos
Gardner849

I’m having same problem with my 2yo Onn Roku tv . No resets work and I’m stuck on language screen , it even makes the clock sound when I press a button on the remote 

0 Kudos
Gardner849

“Click” sound not clock 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Harmonyvsdawrld @Gardner849

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Roku TV remote, we would recommend making sure that there is nothing blocking the IR sensor on the TV.

If you are still experiencing a remote issue, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can see a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information on our Community page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV on our Products page.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sgphipps1

I had this same problem. I could not get passed the language selection page. I tried unplugging the TV and doing a full reset to no avail. I remembered I had another WiFi Roku remote. So, I got that, and was able to complete the setup. The problem for me was a bad remote Roku remote.

0 Kudos
TiJo
Reel Rookie

My voice remote was draining the battery so I did a factory reset. Now I can't control the Roku Express with my phone app or the remote. It is stuck on the language selection screen. Is there any way to address this?

0 Kudos