Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ok91

Roku TV stops and goes to menu or screen just goes black

I got my Roku tv three weeks ago and it started this flipping back  to the home screen two days ago. Anybody solved this problem?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 4K Service stops and goes to menu or screen just goes black

@Ok91

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Butch518

@RokuDanny-R 

- I have 4 Rokus, the older models don’t appear to have this issue but my newest unit (Ultra LT, purchased 9/26/21) is. The first few weeks it worked great, now over the last couple weeks I can start any app, the app will work for a while, I’ll be in the middle of watching a video and then poof back to the Home Screen.  There is no error message, no reboot or any indication it’s about to happen.  I’ve checked for update and none available.  I was not using a MicroSD card when the issue started but added a 32GB card hoping it would resolve the problem and it continues to occur.

Device ID 046079193938

SKU 466RW

LOT 214102427

Model 4662RW

Serial Number YJ0090193938

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-46

0 Kudos
Richcar101
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem only mine does it with the tableau app. It will often go to a black screen with only the menu on the left side no tiles, sometimes I can scroll the menu up and down back-and-forth mess around with it and it’ll come back sometimes back to normal sometimes some tiles missing., And sometimes I have to reboot. And then other times it’ll just go back to the normal home screen and I have to restart the app.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for raising your payback issue here in the Roku Community, @Richcar101!

No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know if you are referring to the Tablo TV or Legacy Tablo app on the Roku streaming platform? If so, have you tried to remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then reinstall it to see if the issue will still occur? If not, we highly recommend it. 

• Remove the troubled app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel.
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if this option is unavailable) > System restart.
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel.

Also, we need to make sure that these troubleshooting steps have been done precisely to work. Furthermore, try to update the app by pressing the star* button on your remote. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos