I have a 32 inch Onn Roku TV and it’s been connecting to my iPhone through Airplay perfectly fine for months. Then last night it wouldn’t connect to the TV. I reset both the TV and phone and reconnected to WiFi and it worked for one episode and even I went to change episodes it stopped again. I tried factory resetting the TV and still nothing now. My phone can’t find the TV anymore. Can anyone help with this issue? Thank you!
Some ONN Roku TV users have reported that their Miracast-mirroring functionality disappeared/was removed (its no longer in the UI).
Verify that you still have Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit
1) Verify you have the latest AirPlay support: A) Using remote: Home 3x, Up 2x, L, R, L, R, L (AirPlay should be 1.14-122 or later) B) Settings/System/System update/Check now (should be 10.0.0-4209 or later) - try again
2) Verify your devices arent connected to a Guest SSID or otherwise have AP/Client Isolation enabled on the SSID - try again
3) Disable & re-enable WiFi on the Apple devices - try again
4) Restart all devices (Rokus, Apples, modem/router/gateway) - try again
5) Reset the paired devices: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Require Code/Reset Paired Devices - try again
6) Setup HomeKit: Settings/Apple Airplay and HomeKit/Setup HomeKit - try again
7) Switch either Rokus or Apples from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz, or from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - try again
8) Manually configure Roku's display output to 1080p: Settings/Display type/1080p TV - try again