Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veerscanlan
Reel Rookie

Roku TV seemingly has extremely throttled internet.

My Roku TV (7105X TCL 55 inch 4k) connects to the internet. However, every app I use cannot stream well. They take extremely long to load and barely run any video at any quality. Most apps crash saying they cannot connect. Even the Roku ads on the home screen will not load. But still the TV thinks its connected. I tried plugging it directly with ethernet and that did not change anything. After turning on and off the TV again and again with no success, I tried a factory reset. 

The factory reset took a very long time which appeared to be from the weak connection speeds and still did not work. Same problem where apps barely load and if they do they won't run.

Not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV seemingly has extremely throttled internet.

Through all this, have you restarted your router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Greifenstein
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV seemingly has extremely throttled internet.

Same here! I tried swithing from b/g/n to b/g in the router, but that fixed lasted very little and I'm having the same issue again. I really don't get what's happening since it's only on my TLC Roku tv. I also have a roku sitck, so I plugged that stick to the roku tv and the stick is working correctly

What can we do with our Roku tv?

0 Kudos