Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhthnut
Reel Rookie

Roku TV says too many channels and won't play Amazon prime or YouTube…

… So I removed a bunch of channels, but still have the problem. I had to reset it to the factory settings, then the channels I had removed reappeared. YouTube and Amazon worked for a while, now I'm having the same problem again.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV says too many channels and won't play Amazon prime or YouTube…

@dhthnut 

Thanks for the post.

After removing a channel, please make sure that you restart your device. In addition, are there other Roku devices that are linked to the same Roku account?

Please keep us posted and we will see what additional troubleshooting we can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thrill_14

I am having the same issue. Have reatarted the device multiple times and no luck.

dhthnut
Reel Rookie

Hello, thank you for your response.

I restarted the Roku TV, but the channels I had removed reappeared once I finish the process. There are 2 other Roku TVs that are connected but not in use.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dhthnut

Thanks for the follow up.

What specific channel are you removing and are still being added back onto your device?

As a last resort, have you tried removing the channels and then trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing? Please be aware that if you perform a factory reset on your Roku device, any saved channel authentications may need to be re-authenticated.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos