Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Er1
Binge Watcher

Roku TV's keep closing apps and it is happening all the time

OK,  I have read the boards.

I have updated. I have reset my router. I have turned reset the Roku TV more times than I can say.

Last night I gave in and did a factory fresh reset of the ROKU TV.

My wireless connection reads as excellent.

I have tested my router and yes the connections are strong.

YET, the ROKU TV keeps throwing me out of apps every 15 minutes or less.

Nothing in the discussions are affording any solutions.

What gives ROKU?

12 REPLIES 12
Spartan117
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV's keep closing apps and it is happening all the time

First of all Roku does not make TVs. They only make the software and sell it to companies such as TCL, ONN, Hisense or Sharp. Secondly Roku does not use apps. What you’re calling apps are actually channels. Meaning Netflix is a channel. It’s not throwing you out of channels either. Sounds to me like you have a week Wi-Fi signal. How fast is your Internet? Go to Settings/Network/Check connection. Press the ok button after clicking on check connection. It will run a speed test. Afterwards you will see a result. Something like (Good 150 Mbps). 

0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

Here we go again. NO I ACTUALLY HAVE A VERY STRONG WIFI SIGNAL.  All of the excuses are just that fake excuses without any honest answers.

Guess what I connected an APPLE TV device to same TV and guess what?  ALL MY APPS WORK.

The issue is ROKU and ROKU is not solving this issue. If you look at the boards this problem has been going for for some time without resolution or answers.

0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

Yet your website recommends these TV's and they are all using ROKU software platforms. Yes you have some responsibility.

0 Kudos
Spartan117
Streaming Star

“A very strong WiFi signal” does not mean anything. What matters is what your Roku is getting itself. So run a check connection test. It takes like 20 seconds. When did you purchase your TV? Who is the manufacturer? 

0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

Did that numerouse times and connection was strong.

0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

As noted same TV same wifi, same router APPLE TV device connected to same Roku TV and with APPLE DEVICE ALL APPS WORK

0 Kudos
Spartan117
Streaming Star

@Er1  Strong doesn’t mean anything. After you run a check connection test it will give you a speed rating. Something like (Good 150 Mbps). Upload a picture 

0 Kudos
Spartan117
Streaming Star

You cannot compare an Apple TV device to a Roku TV. Like I said Roku does not make TVs. Who is the manufacturer of your TV and when did you purchase it? Also is your tv on the 2.4 or 5.0? Also what do you mean by “throwing you out”

0 Kudos
Spartan117
Streaming Star

Your Roku TV could have a failing internal part. That’s why I mentioned about running a check connection test. Also if your tv has an Ethernet port run a cable to it and see what happens. If you bought your tv less then 12 months ago it’s covered under warranty by the manufacturer 

0 Kudos