Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Level 15

Roku TV remotes

Since Roku TV's are actually manufactured by various other companies, do those TV's ONLY work with a Roku remote, or will a remote from a non-Roku version of that TV work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku TV remotes

Roku tv use two very old code sets, so remotes as old as 20 years old will work with them for menu, volume and power. Remotes back then didn't have transport keys like play & stop. If you're hoping to have tv remote with 0-9 and have it control a Roku tv, it won't. Modern tv brands whose remotes will work with roku tv are LG, VIzio, Dynex, and others. Tv brands whose won't conflict with roku TV's are Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic.

Edmund
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

I was mainly asking because so many people complain about the lack of number buttons. I was just wondering if some of these Roku TV's responded to the same code set as the regular TV versions, and they could use a universal remote or another remote from a similar brand TV.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

As I stated the digits do not work on roku tv even through the rest of the keys do. Its not just roku, fire stick don't respond to digits, apple tv doesn't have digits. I have three roku tv in the house, and I have many universal remotes programmable for any tv brands, believe me if it worked I would have known about it.

Edmund
0 Kudos