Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EWMR
Reel Rookie

Roku TV recognizes other 5G networks, but not my own.

I am trying to connect to my Roku TV with my 5G network. At first, I read articles on here that said it might not recognize 5G networks and that’s why it didn’t show up. Then I noticed some of the networks that do show up are other people’s 5G networks. Not sure why some show up and not others.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV recognizes other 5G networks, but not my own.

Roku models that support 5GHz don't support all channels.  If you're channel is set to "Auto" try a channel below 50 or above 150.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EWMR
Reel Rookie

How do I check/change the channel?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You need to log into your router.  If it's one provided by your ISP, there's usually a sticker on it that shows the IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254, etc.) and a username and password.  You'd use a browser to go to the IP address shown (e.g., http://192.168.0.1) and you'll be presented with setup options.  Some ISPs have an app or another way to make changes.

If you have your own router post the make and model and someone will help, but it's generally the same procedure.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EWMR
Reel Rookie

Ah, it’s my cousin’s router and I don’t think he’d appreciate that. Thank you for the information though, I appreciate it! Have a good day and Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos