Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 15

Roku TV randomly reboots

My insignia Roku TV has started randomly rebooting itself while the wife is watching broadcast TV. It's never done it to me while I've used any particular channel. The Roku model is 5404, the Insignia model is NS-24ER310NA17. It's currently running software version 9.0.0 build 4148-20, but that only installed a few days ago and it was doing it with the former 8.2.2 version as well.
I can see on the About screen that the uptime is 8 hours and 58 minutes, so it happened earlier today. But there's no set pattern to it occurring. It has Fast Start enabled, but no Auto Power savings are selected. It is of course WiFi only. 
This TV has been pretty much rock solid since purchase around two years ago. While it's only 720p, and the UI isn't as snappy as my Sharp TV or my Ultra (especially with YouTube), it has still worked well. Searching the forum has not found any similar occurrences. Any ideas, or do we think this TV may just be petering out?
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku TV randomly reboots

Problem resolved by replacing the TV with a small Vizio set and adding a Roku Premiere to it. Bonus is that the OTA tuner is more sensitive, and not only is a marginal station now rock solid, I get one additional station (with 6 sub-channels) that none of my other TVs can see. And they're all connected to the same antenna. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos