Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcody
Reel Rookie

Roku TV only Goes To Home Screen on Startup

On startup my hisense roku tv will only go to the Roku Home Screen.  I have it setup to go to satellite on startup but it does not work.  I literally turn off the TV then turn it back on and the second time it goes to satellite.  Customer service can’t figure it out either.  Anyone else have this issue?  I am about to return this junk back to Costco.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV only Goes To Home Screen on Startup

0 Kudos
Bcody
Reel Rookie

Thank you.  But if that actually worked on my TV I would not have posted my issue in the forum.

I have set it up like that a dozen times and on startup it still goes to the roku Home Screen 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

I have two TCL Roku TV and I can change my home screen set up just fine. Are you using the satellite box plugged into an HDMI cord or are you using A coaxial plugged it straight into the TV? That’s a be the difference right there

0 Kudos
Bcody
Reel Rookie

My other Roku TV does not have this issue either.

I have a receiver plugged into the HDMI slots.  I tried all 3 slots and still the TV only power on to the home screen.  I had the same setup on my other Roku TC and never had an issue.  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Bcody  A receiver? Do you mean a cable box? Try the box in your other TV that works fine. Maybe it’s something with the box. I dumped cable/satellite tv years ago. Cheaper to go with YouTube TV or Hulu + Live TV 

0 Kudos
Bcody
Reel Rookie

A receiver for surround sound.  I plug all devices into a received then plug the receiver into the TV.  All sound goes from the the receiver then out the speakers in the room. While the visual goes from the receiver to the TV

But my issue will only be solved by someone who has had the same issue.  This is not very common.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Bcody  Well now the situation as changed. You should have said everything up front. Do you have a cable box? Satellite box? Do you have a coaxial plugged directly into the TV? Why don’t you start eliminating things. If you use a cable box plug your cable box directly into the HDMI port do not use your receiver. You gotta try some troubleshooting. 

Why don’t you set something else up as your start up. If you can set something else up as your start up then it’s obviously a problem with the way you have things set up and nothing wrong with your TV

0 Kudos