Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HardernTim

Roku TV not able to open/access channels

We can’t open the Netflix, Amazon Prime or YouTube channels on our Roku TV. After selecting the app with the OK button, the tv attempts to open it, but after 3-4 seconds, it kicks back to the home screen.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV not able to open/access channels

Hey @HardernTim

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku TV before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with Netflix - for two days. I have removed the channel and added it back. I have rebooted my router, modem, Access Point to no avail. Nothing restores access.  You click on the app and it loads the Netflix splash screen and then goes back to the ROKU screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @AngieFromNC

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku? Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order, we recommend giving it a shot again by following the steps I provided above.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos