Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MingoAv1950
Reel Rookie

Roku TV non roku wired speaker, no audio

Jump to solution

Hi, my Vizio tv used a powered speaker for surround audio; it works fine by rca cables; tv now (rip) and I purchased a Roku TCL tv, now I can not pair the speakers to this tv fallowing the configuration steps.Does it have to be a Roku speaker to work? If mines work, please tell me how? Thanks have a good day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV non roku wired speaker, no audio

Jump to solution

@MingoAv1950  Thanks for reaching out. Your Roku TV can only be wirelessly paired to Roku TV Wireless Speakers. If you are trying to use an external audio system or speakers, they will need to be connected to your TV using either the HDMI ARC port on the TV, an optical audio cable (if your TV provides this option) or via the 3.5mm audio jack. 

For more help and support settings up your Roku TV, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly. They provide additional assistance and can help answer any other questions that you may have regarding your TV or it's features. You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions
or by phone at 1-877-300-8837. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
MingoAv1950
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@MingoAv1950 wrote:

Hi, my Vizio tv used a powered speaker for surround audio; it works fine by rca cables; tv now (rip) and I purchased a Roku TCL tv, now I can not pair the speakers to this tv fallowing the configuration steps.Does it have to be a Roku speaker to work? If mines work, please tell me how? Thanks have a good day.

As I see no one has an answer to my issue, meaning that I have to keep trying to make it work.thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MingoAv1950  Thanks for reaching out. Your Roku TV can only be wirelessly paired to Roku TV Wireless Speakers. If you are trying to use an external audio system or speakers, they will need to be connected to your TV using either the HDMI ARC port on the TV, an optical audio cable (if your TV provides this option) or via the 3.5mm audio jack. 

For more help and support settings up your Roku TV, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly. They provide additional assistance and can help answer any other questions that you may have regarding your TV or it's features. You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions
or by phone at 1-877-300-8837. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Sjmckee49

Jump to solution

I have the TCL Roku 55”. I cannot get my Bose sound system to configure using the device settings, nor will it operate using the 3.5mm sound cord to RCA plugs that connect to back of my sound system.

Am I stuck retiring the Bose system and buying a Roku sound system???

Your previous response says use the 3.5mm Jack. It doesn’t work!!!!

0 Kudos
Wsm021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can ditto that statement, have tried every configuration in the settings and am still unable to use my speakers (3.5mm jack conncection)

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku tv 3.5 jack that accepts the 3.5 to rca cable is an input only, it is not output. It will accept a signal over this cable, the only speakers to emit sound are the ones built into the Roku tv, sorry. The only 3.5 output on the Roku tv is headphone jack. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Knightnsd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally got my Sony powered speaker system to run through the audio port for headphones on the roku hisense TV. However last night we had a short power outage just a flashing second of no power this has completely messed up the TV and I can no longer control power on and off of the speakers through the remote now. If I figure it out  I'll try and repost this entire mess for others to program their equipment.

Knightnsd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ok, I managed to get my Sony tower speakers working once again after the power outage.  I did a couple of things, a quick reset on the Hisense Roku remote (home button 5x, the up once , rewind 2x and fast forward 2x).  Then I labeled the av input as Sony speakers, after this I was able to power the speakers automatically on once a signal from the TV comes on and the remote power button  turns off the tv and the speakers.  I hope this helps others as I think these were my final options I did before restoring the speakers to paired to the tv and remote.  My older Sony tower speakers still sound great but only offer the 3.5mm jack input at the tv out to RCA jacks on the speakers.  I did read the AV icon on the home screen may not be in use on TV's out of the box so you have to remove the app then reinstall it, then name it.  HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS

jfl1950

Jump to solution

I have a Onn Roku 50" TV and a pair of the Onn bookshelf speaker model 100008403 can't get it to connect to my Onn Roku 50" TV.

I have the settings on the TV set to auto now had them on passthru.

I even restarted the TV.

The speakers work with my phone just Not the TV.

The TV connects to my subwoofer and sound bar.

So why not the TV?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jfl1950, as far as I know, Roku TVs only work with Roku wireless speakers, not Bluetooth speakers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.