Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

Roku TV no guide information

Roku express connected to LG TV via hdmi. Model 3900RW, software version 10.5.0 build 4208-51.

There is no information listed in guide. The channels are listed on the left, the time slots are listed across the top, I can watch them, however there is no guide information showing the upcoming program listings per channel according to the time they will play. I am streaming only-no antenna. Have excellent connectivity and speed. Have reset device, factory reset, powered off/on, firmware is current. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Should I get newer Roku device or another streaming device, i.e. fire stick, Google, etc….?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV no guide information

Are you referring to the Live TV guide on the Roku channel? Your Roku is about 4-5 years old. But you still should be about to view the Roku channel properly 

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

Triumph326 - yes, exactly.

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

Forgot to mention, the Roku express was just purchased January 2021.

0 Kudos
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

January of 2021 isn’t just purchased. You must have bought it from off Amazon or something. The 3900RW is no longer manufactured and was first released back in 2017. Unfortunately as I said it’s no longer under warranty. Did you see the link I posted? Can you upload a picture of what you are seeing? Did you try removing the Roku channel, restarting your Roku then re adding the channel? Did you try rebooting your modem and router?

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

You’re correct, was purchased from Amazon. I have fiber going into tp link deco mesh system. Fiber was recent upgrade. Don’t know if guide was working previously when using cable internet as I was not watching Roku Tv then, just using it for Netflix, prime, etc…

Could it be dns issue? Something else?

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

5B32EB5E-887A-4843-B842-C78A8A2FD5C2.jpeg

0 Kudos
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Well the Roku channel is free. The Roku channel is working as seen by your picture. There is no description on the guide. This could be just a temporary server issue. Try unplugging your modem, router and Roku for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. After everything syncs up see what happens. You are in the US correct? Has this problem been happening for days? Hours? Minutes? Just today? Have you tried connecting to your modem instead of the mesh? Why are you using a mesh system? Large home? Any modern router or modem should easily cover 2500 sg ft on its own

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

Have tried all resets including factory hard reset-no luck… if I come up with a solution I will update thread. Thank you for your effort in helping me!

0 Kudos
Pantherburn
Channel Surfer

Wish you could edit - yes I am in USA!

0 Kudos