Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikell28

Roku TV need a display type setting

Roku TV need a display type setting for does of us whom is on a data cap. Being able to down grade would allow us to view more content.Down grade from 4k to FHD would save bandwidth. Most apps don't have bandwidth or resolution adjustments Their uses adaptive streaming, it works by detecting a user's bandwidth, resolutions  and CPU capacity in real time and adjusting the quality of the media stream accordingly. Bit rate override screen does nothing for adaptive streams, such as the ones used by Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax and Amazon. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV need a display type setting

Yeah, the secret screen in Roku was only meant for testing purposes.  For Netflix, you can go here to control your video settings. With Netflix, I think you won’t even get 4K unless you have a higher end package. I believe when you set up Roku, it does ask some questions about your display type, though I haven't tried using that as a way to control bandwidth.  I wonder if others have?

0 Kudos