Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adp
Channel Surfer

Roku TV - my Hulu wont work?

I have a Westinghouse Roku TV and since the update my Hulu won’t work. Says network connection issues. Everything else works. How can I fix this

14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV - my Hulu wont work?

@Adp 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific details about the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Adp
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

Roku device model - Westinghouse roku tv model is WR55UT4009, serial number - YN00SJ702774 device ID - QH501S702774 , and software OS/version - 10.5.0

when I open my Hulu app it says “Sorry we encountered a network error. Please check the network connection and try again”

All my other apps work, I’ve unplugged my TV for a lengthy time, I’ve removed the app and reinstalled, I’ve rebooted my internet box and still get this error and only for Hulu. 

Adp
Channel Surfer

Also the issue is is 74-463-259

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Adp 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in this order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Adp
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

not trying to be rude but I’ve done all that as my comments have stated. It’s a waste of my time because nothing works. Roku needs to fix the issue or revert back to the old version. Not fair I’m paying for tv subscriptions and can’t watch because of Roku. These things happen and are unforeseen but it’s definitely something that I’m willing to fix for Roku. I have spent entirely too much time trying to resolve Rokus issues. 

Fgfarley

Roku updated to new release 10.5 now nothing works

KMezz

Same exact problem here. I've spent way too much time searching through these forums for a solution this week- I've tried everything and still can't get Hulu unless I watch it on my laptop through Hulu's website. It would be nice to receive communication from Roku informing customers of the problem as a courtesy- and an estimated time period for expected solution.

Itsmoi82
Reel Rookie

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Adp
Channel Surfer

@Itsmoi82 

All my channels started working yesterday and then Hulu and Disney stopped working this evening. 

0 Kudos