Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku TV makes me factory reset to connect to my WiFi network

Jump to solution

I moved recenty and have a new internet provider and I can not connect to my network unless I factory reset my roku tv every day when I get home. Once I set back up it streams just fine. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku TV makes me factory reset to connect to my WiFi network

Jump to solution

@Bearmonkey Thanks for the note. It sounds like there may be an issue with your new internet provider's wireless router or settings that are causing a connection issue with your device. I'd recommend contacting your internet provider and asking them to review the security or filtering settings on your device, to help ensure that your TV is able to connect. This may include whitelisting the MAC address of your TV, making adjustments to DHCP settings, or disabling any features that may be preventing the TV from connecting normally. 

To test, you can try connecting your TV to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, and seeing if you encounter the same issue. If not, this will indicate that something in your network's settings is indeed causing the issue you're running into. 

If you need more help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more support. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Bearmonkey Thanks for the note. It sounds like there may be an issue with your new internet provider's wireless router or settings that are causing a connection issue with your device. I'd recommend contacting your internet provider and asking them to review the security or filtering settings on your device, to help ensure that your TV is able to connect. This may include whitelisting the MAC address of your TV, making adjustments to DHCP settings, or disabling any features that may be preventing the TV from connecting normally. 

To test, you can try connecting your TV to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, and seeing if you encounter the same issue. If not, this will indicate that something in your network's settings is indeed causing the issue you're running into. 

If you need more help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more support. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried both wired and wireless  @Bearmonkey did you find a solution to your problem?

0 Kudos