Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bdnewton
Reel Rookie

Roku TV live pause w cable

Jump to solution

Is it not possible to use the live tv pause/playback function with cable tv? I have xfinity which I run through the live tv app on my JVC roku tv, and I was able to successfully set up my usb drive and activate it in the settings, but when I hit pause or rewind it just goes to a blank screen and nothing happens and I end up having to exit the live tv channel all together. Am I doing something wrong? 
thanks! 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV live pause w cable

Jump to solution

@Bdnewton

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about Live TV pause, visit our Support page here: Can I save a TV show on my USB drive using Live TV Pause and watch it later?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bdnewton

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about Live TV pause, visit our Support page here: Can I save a TV show on my USB drive using Live TV Pause and watch it later?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think the answer is as simple as it is only a feature for use with "Live TV", i.e. over the air antenna broadcasts.  Since the feature came out, it has worked on my set on antenna channels, and not on the Cable box.  I don't believe it was ever intended to operate on a cable source.

0 Kudos