Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmccollneb
Level 8

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

Jump to solution

What we here is lack of communication. ROKU updates are very poorly tested software or malicious. Maybe this is on purpose. U have to buy a another ROKU product after the update bricks your current ROKU product!

JimBob
Level 9

Jump to solution

@windandrain wrote:

This problem is certainly due to the software change. I started having the problem with the TCL ROKU TV several days ago. There is frequent buffering due to the connection being lost then reestablished. 

I decided to hook-up an older ROKU box, the Express+ which I have in the spare room and is seldom used and hadn't been switched on for several months. When I connected this to the ROKU TV yesterday, there were no problems with losing wifi connection. However, today the problem started with this unit also, and when I checked, it had been updated as of 11:30 pm last night. 

Furthermore, I have an Android box connected to the TV needed to access apps not available on ROKU, and it does not have these connection problems. 

So, Danny, the software needs to be fixed. There is a glitch in it. My experience proves it. There is nothing wrong with my internet or wifi. Please correct the problem, it is clearly your problem and nothing to do with the TV

I have the same problem. It was after the last update, that my TCL Roku TV, has been disconnecting to the internet. My tv is wired to the router. And it still goes out. I connect it wirelessly, it still goes out. It is tiring to keep checking the connection, Everytime we start the tv, & when we want to watch, one of the channels.  I will be getting another brand of smart tv. Roku, stop screwing things up. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
DooFlotchy
Level 7

Jump to solution

"connect to a 2.4ghz radio.  My 5ghz connection kept dropping out.  The 2.4ghz has been solid"

I followed this recommendation above, and it worked to get my TCLs connected again. However, it was never an issue prior to update. Good to be back streaming though...

0 Kudos
Kbrannon
Level 8

Jump to solution

That did not work for me either. In fact over the last week it has gotten worse. Roku needs to fix this.

0 Kudos
untums
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Did resetting to factory settings work for longer than few hours?? 

Kind Regards

Eva

0 Kudos
kjparker67
Level 7

Re: Roku TV can't find any Internet signals

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I am having the same problem, the Roku smartTv all of a sudden will not pick up any networks. It worked fine for months but now it will sometimes show the network name in the list of networks, but it won't connect and other times it will not show anything at all. When I turn on the TV, most of the time I see a "No Internet Connection" message. I have tried all the trouble-shooting tips I can find online and nothing works or I don't have half of the options from the out-of-date screenshots on the help articles. I cant "restart" the TV unless I turn it off manually or unplug it. The only option of the sort from the Settings menu is to "reset" the TV to the defaults. I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
JimBob
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Azsuziq wrote:

All of a sudden, my Roku TV is constantly disconnecting from the internet. As soon as I reconnect, and restart Hulu or Netflix, it plays for 3 minutes and disconnects again. Is this a Roku problem or a cable/internet Co. problem?
Thanks!

I finally got mine fixed. My problem was that my WiFi extender started having problems. So I just went ahead and bought a new Router, & extender. I only went ahead and bought a newer router, because the one I was using was over 10 years old. Since I got them hooked up, been over two weeks (I wanted to truly test it out before hand). It has not dropped wifi at all, and I have my tv connected to the Ethernet, via the WiFi extender.  And so far, I've been getting 84-87 Mbps internet download speed. Where as before, I would get around 50 Mbps. 

0 Kudos
Wagado
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 65" Hisense Roku tv. Purchased it in July. My router is a Amplifi Mesh sitting directly below the TV with a hard wired Ethernet connection.  My hardwired Ethernet connection stops working often so I tried switching to the WiFi.  Same problem as everyone else. This really sucks. Even hardwired it is unreliable. 

0 Kudos
Marcus1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I to am having the same problem and don't know how to fix it as well only thing I saw was that it was updated recently

0 Kudos
davesmusic2212
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issues. I have the Roku ultra and it has been running perfectly for the last two weeks or more. All of a sudden today 1-14-21 all streaming channels regardless of what show im watching just stop. Pause.Shut off. Go white snowy screen. Sometimes no audio, sometimes nothing. My internet is at 112 mbps and ALL my other devices are working great, its a ROKU thing. And I have troubleshooted for 2 hours. Rebooted routers, modems,Roku,the nintendo switch,the hair dryer.....NOTHING WORKS.

I am very frustrtated because I just discontinued Direct TV  and put all my faith in ROKU......BAD MISTAKE IM AFARID.

Somebody please tell me it is just a bad update or something