Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmccollneb
Level 8

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

Jump to solution

In addition, roku enters into a endless loop trying to scan for wifi connection.  It is impossible to get it to return to home where a factory reset can be done.  I've turn the roku off (power it off) but as soon as turn it back on it enters the endless loop scanning for a wifi connection.  There some terrible software bug.

0 Kudos
Htxdnunn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi I did all these things and my roku tv will stay connected to wifi but when I start to watch a movie or something it will play for about 10 seconds then disconnect itself from the wifi again I think I might have to replace the wifi receiver inside the tv.. if so do you know where I can purchase one at ? [post edited]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bmccollneb 

Thank for the inquiry.

If you are trying to perform a factory reset on your device, you can press and hold the reset button on the back of your Roku TV.

For more information about performing a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Htxdnunn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend rebooting both your wireless network and your Roku TV.  Check out some additional wireless troubleshooting tips here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku streaming device

If you believe that you may be experiencing a hardware issue or need additional support, we would recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Dash604
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello how can i request manufacturer help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dash604 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need assistance from your Roku TV manufacturer, you can find their contact information by visiting our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kwbridges
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s a Roku problem. I had the same. Called out suddenlink. Replaced router. Eventually got new Roku and problem solved. Existing Roku was 3 years old used lots of hours per day. I figure it wore out.

0 Kudos
kathleenlangley
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem but it only occurs on the Roku channel. All the other apps are working perfect. 

0 Kudos
Cpaesano
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this problem and I solved it by resetting network settings to default. Not factory reset, just the network settings. I couldn't get it to play for more than 5 minutes, now it doesn't disconnect at all. 

Mlbowlesstl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue, over the same general time frame...watching show then suddenly only have audio and it has error message that there is no connection or it goes completely out and says no connection. I go back to menu and reenter, it runs fine for a few minute (could be 3 or 10) and then the error no connection returns...

I've checked with the internet provider, with the app providers, have gone through multiple resets, the issue seems to be with the Roku only. I have checked and my Roku is still current and supported, I have reset the Roku and my router, CBS All Access had me walk through all my Roku settings and internet settings to no avail. Please advise.

0 Kudos