Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Azsuziq
Level 7

Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, my Roku TV is constantly disconnecting from the internet. As soon as I reconnect, and restart Hulu or Netflix, it plays for 3 minutes and disconnects again. Is this a Roku problem or a cable/internet Co. problem?
Thanks!

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI

Jump to solution
@Mjdavis 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! A couple questions here: 

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router? This can often help avoid wireless interference and improve your device's connection. 
- Is your TV connected to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network? You'll want to make sure that your router is broadcasting a 5GHz Wi-Fi network for optimal network performance. 

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

You'll want to follow up directly with the TV manufacturer to report your issue and request additional assistance if those steps aren't helping resolve the issue you're experiencing. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/models

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi there! 

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.  

To get started, I'd recommend following the steps listed here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

If those aren't helping resolve the issue, please PM me with more information including: 

1. Your Roku TV's serial number from Settings>System>About 
2. The make/model of wireless router you are using 
3. Any channel(s) that you experience the issue with, along with an example content title. 
4. Time/date of the last occurrence of this issue. 
5. Issue tracker report number, when the issue occurs (Generate this by pressing the home button 5 times, then the back button 5 times quickly on your Roku remote.) 

I'll follow up with you directly to take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Mjdavis
Level 7

Jump to solution
My TCL Roku tv looses wifi signal. I have tried all of the help and still no luck.
The issue report tracker ID is 17-184-057
Serial number YSOOT5937417
I have excellent wifi signal to laptop, cell phone and tv at setup. Select Netflix and it drops. This is so aggravating I'd like to drop kick tv back to company.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@Mjdavis 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! A couple questions here: 

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router? This can often help avoid wireless interference and improve your device's connection. 
- Is your TV connected to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network? You'll want to make sure that your router is broadcasting a 5GHz Wi-Fi network for optimal network performance. 

See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

You'll want to follow up directly with the TV manufacturer to report your issue and request additional assistance if those steps aren't helping resolve the issue you're experiencing. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
Schmu
Level 7

Jump to solution
My Roku keeps telling me that I need to set up a connection. Once I have it connects and then disconnects as soon as I try to enter anything.

I have tried the suggestions above.
mwm424
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same here... On the phone with TCL but nothing is working... Such a bummer to buy a new device and it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
tr0
Level 8

Jump to solution
Exact same issue on my brand new TCL 5 series TV. What a shame after being so excited to experience the product. I see the status LED flash whenever I stream anything and it takes a few to many seconds to reconnect. No other smart TV I've had has this issue. Tried everything mentioned here. I am in contact with TCL and have PMed the info @RokuTannerD requested of another person with the same issue. Great TV and OS, this issue is just a deal-breaker.
0 Kudos
kiiki
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have a Roku TV (brand new) & Roku player and both are playing for max 3 minutes and then returns to the home screen.  I have tried reconnecting to the internet on both devices, troubleshooting, nothing is working.  

The TV is going back that's for sure, the player I have had for a couple of years now, so it has to be a system update pushed that are causing the issue.  
0 Kudos
monaj
Level 7

Jump to solution
I've got the same problem. What should I do?
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

Jump to solution
Move the TV closer to the WIFI router and see if the performance improves.  You may need to obtain a router extender if the distance is too great.  I find 25ft is about the limit if there are any obstructions like walls, laundry machines and water heater tanks are huge obstacles.
0 Kudos