Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimg1

Roku TV keep freezing when watching Netflix

Why does my Roku TV keep freezing plus switch back to main menu when I put netflix on

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV keep freezing

Hi @Jimg1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku as well? If it only happens when accessing Netflix, you can remove then re-install the channel. Make sure to restart your TV before adding it back in to ensure the process is successful.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart on a Roku TV.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ejordan525
Channel Surfer

I’ve been having this issue as well on a TCL 4 series Roku tv. Netflix is the ONLY app that causes this freezing and locking up of the tv. I’ve tried uninstalling the app restarting the tv and then reinstalling with no luck. I don’t have this issue on any other Roku device. This is very frustrating because I can only scroll though Netflix for about 1 minute before everything freezes. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @ejordan525

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Netflix Support to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: https://help.netflix.com/en

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nancy11

My tv til 4K roku freezes on all of the internet streaming services and finally returns to Home Screen. I’ve tried rebooting it and it says wi fi signal is strong

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Nancy11

Thanks for the post.

Could you specify to us the channels where you are experiencing the issue? Have you tried the troubleshooting I provided above on one of the affected channels? If not, we recommend giving it a shot then let us know if there's any difference after.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos