Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lichofeq
Level 7

Roku TV is having a problem with channels not working?

about 3pm today, my 3 roku tvs and a plugin roku device, will bring up the home screen with the channel list on it. but the channels will not work. wifi seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: is roku having a problem

Thats the Home screen. Probably a net hiccup and is OK now, Eh?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Pinkflamingo1
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. How do we get an answer?

0 Kudos
Ambriz80
Level 7

My Roku t.v. seems to only be giving me a list of kid channels. It won't display my normal t.v. guide on The Roku channel.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@lichofeq @Ambriz80 @Pinkflamingo1 

Thanks for the posts.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you please provide more information about what you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pinkflamingo1
Level 7

My Roku pulls up all the Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc, but when I click on any one of them, the name comes up but that's it. It won't show me anything else but the name.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pinkflamingo1 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel(s) from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel(s) back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mhtippetts
Level 7

I am having a similar problem... This morning I moved 6 channels to the top of our channel list of about 20. When I select any of five of them the appropriate channel logo appears then I am bounced out to the home screen (one of the six still works). As a test, I tried uninstalling NETFLIX, turned off the tv, then reinstalled the NETFIX channel. It still does not bring up anything but the logo then bumps back out to the home screen again.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mhtippetts 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information?
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos