Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrblack503

Roku TV in-purchase Apps or Account Playback on non-Roku TV

Jump to solution

How do I explain this via text...hmmm. I bought a new 43" Samsung TV and it is not Roku-based. I went to download certain apps available on my Panasonic Roku-based TV and some found, some not. I have 3 in-Roku channel purchases and 2 of them (HBO Max and WOW: World of Wonder) didn't require username and password set-up to get started because of the in-Roku TV app purchases vs setting those channels up directly with a username/pword and cc info. My question overall is how do I log into HBO Max if it doesn't recognize the email attached to my in-Roku app purchase AND how do I get World of Wonder channel on the Samsung TV if there is no app for it but it shows as paid thru Roku. Roku TV on this Samsung also does not have an area like the Panasonic that shows networks aka apps subscribed to. Any help or advice that would make sense? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV in-purchase Apps or Account Playback on non-Roku TV

Jump to solution

@mrblack503

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you made a purchase on your Roku TV through Roku Pay, you will only have access to that content on your Roku devices as that purchase is linked to your Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV in-purchase Apps or Account Playback on non-Roku TV

Jump to solution

@mrblack503

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you made a purchase on your Roku TV through Roku Pay, you will only have access to that content on your Roku devices as that purchase is linked to your Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos