Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talllady

Roku TV has been down since the so called update apps are not working

My Roku TV still not working, I cannot get into the Apps at all after the update does anyone have any new news about this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV has been down since the so called update apps are not working

@talllady 

Depending on model number experiencing known issues, Roku has provided an opportunity to revert to previous OS 10.0 if you are currently on 10.5 until they release a fix.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/OS-10-5-Some-older-Roku-TVs-and-Roku...

Basically, check for manual update of your Roku TV if model begins with 7xxx. 

( Settings..System..System Update..Check Now [press OK] )

If you are experiencing an issue with all Channels/apps, you may need to restart your router.  Your issue may or may not be related to the update 10.5, so may need to do additional troubleshooting before drawing that conclusion.  If you are able to revert to 10.0 and fixes problem. then the 10.5 update is your issue.  Feel free to post back with an update or you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
LukeZ

Hi, I just did this "downgrading" from 10.5 to 10.0.0.4209 for my TCL Roku TV (Model#: 7108X). I did this trying to fix the AirPlay not working issue, without knowing your post. However now it's worse: my TV screen is showing nothing 😞 What can I do now? Really, really appreciate your help!

Luke

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@LukeZ 

Could have been a problem with the downgrade.  First thing to do is to restart both the router and the RokuTV and see if that fixes it. (Unplug the RokuTV for a couple of min if nothing is showing on screen).  If the remote fails to turn the RokuTV back on, look for a physical button on the RokuTV (sometimes on the back or somewhere along the bottom left, right, or center below the logo).  Some RokuTVs require a long press to turn on.  

If the TV turns back on, then I would perform another System Update (Settings..System..System Update) followed by a System Restart (Settings..System..Power..System Restart).  This second update will just check that the update and and your Channels installed the update correctly. (It should not upgrade to 10.5, but remain at 10.0 until Roku addresses the 10.5 issues).

If the above fails to load the RokuTV, then with the power ON (look for the power led lit up), press the Factory Reset button. (may be a pin hole and usually located on side near connections, but may be on rear on some RokuTVs).  *** If you have Youtube TV installed, a factory reset will remove this Channel and you will not be able to reinstall Youtube TV.  You will have to access it through the regular Youtube Channel.

Feel free to post back with an update or still need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos