Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Roku TV feature request for Calendar 'input'

This is a request to add one more 'input' to Roku TVs.  This would be a pseudo-input source named 'Calendars'.   This source would allow you to add individual calendars by URL and optionally provide a user ID and password for those calendars that required them.  The URLs would point to an Internet Calendar Standard (.ics) file compliant with RCF5545  - which are text-based files of calendar information and generally small.

The view of calendars should be able to be arranged in an array or overlaid. 

Why an 'input source' and not a 'channel'?  Having as an input source would allow me to make it the default source when the TV comes on, similar to what I can do with the cable box, the Blu-Ray player, or the antenna.  So I could turn on my TV and the various calendars would be there.

Why would user ID and password be optional?  Google Calendar provides a 'private' URL for your calendar if you don't want to make if public,  but team calendars (such as Major League Baseball) are public and don't need a password.

Generally user interface options should be up to the manufacturer but I'd strongly suggest allowing the overlay option - for one example, a family could in one view look at doctor's appointments, work commitments, when the Cubs play the Cardinals, _and_ the kid's soccer practices in one full-screen view.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV feature request for Calendar 'input'

This Crunchyroll issue doesn't really belong here as part of this feature request

0 Kudos