Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku TV error 009

I bought this tv almost a month ago and I still can’t use it. How do I speak to a love person to run through WiFi connection steps I’ve tried everything and keep getting the error 009 and my internet works perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku TV error 009

Roku does not provide support for the TVs, as they are not the manufacturer. They only provide the operating system. I've seen that error message posted here before, but I can't recall what the issue might have been. 

If your WiFi password has special characters, (such as !, $, & or similar) that might be the problem. Roku devices will only connect if the password is just letters (upper and/or lower case is fine) and numbers.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku TV error 009

@Xojulia 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos