Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adn
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV choppy audio on one over the air channel

Was there a solution to this?  I started having the problem with two channels - 18.1 and 19.1. in Cleveland, which are the same CBS channel - in the past few weeks.  

Dragonstyle
Reel Rookie

No solution that I've found.  I ended up buying a ATSC Converter Box (TV tuner) and a splitter for my coaxial cable so I could run it to both my Roku TV and the Converter Box.  I use the converter box to watch CBS and Roku's Live TV channel to watch everything else.  Annoying?  Definitely.  But much cheaper than buying a new TV.

Also this proves conclusively that the sound problem is indeed with Roku's Live TV channel.  After all, I can watch CBS from the same TV with no audio issues by using the TV tuner box.

Though I'd much prefer it if Roku would admit there is a problem with their Live TV channel and then get to work on fixing that problem.

Roget
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I work in the engineering department of a television station (note that I didn't say I am an engineer). I was just sent to a viewer's home to witness and grab information from her TCL Roku TVs and see if I could do anything on site. Nothing we tried fixed the issue. We worked out a deal with her to get her a new TV of her choice and bring her TCL to the station as a test set. The chief engineer believes it's the digital encoder we use that some of the stations in our "family" also use and also receive complaints about choppy audio. I have bookmarked this thread. After we are done with testing, I will return and post our results, good or bad.

Yack
Channel Surfer

Thanks. Something that has started working for me is to pause live TV for a couple seconds and the choppiness goes away!  

Yack
Channel Surfer

Any update on your testing?

0 Kudos
Roget
Reel Rookie

None yet. I'm sure you've heard this before: we are stretched thin and the work load is increasing due to new projects coming up that are being prioritized over others. Add an emergency here and there and we end up in an endless loop of playing catch-up.

I have the same choppy Audio on one channel. 

Model: 6403X - Roku TV

S# YW004Y455033 (7W9004455033)

SW Version: 11.0.0 • Build: 4193-33

Time: 2022-08-21T01:41:00Z

Issue ID 33-334-181

Yack
Channel Surfer

Have you tried setting up a USB/Pause buffer? Then just stop/pause for a second or two and the choppiness goes away.  Hope it works for you!