Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 13

Roku TV channel guide not showing all channels

On my Insignia Roku TV (model 5404X, firmware 8.1.0 build 4140), I noticed the channel guide was not displaying all of the expected channels. But this was particularly strange because it was only some of the sub-channels from the main station, while other sub-channels were displayed. There was no pattern to which appeared and which didn't. Sometimes it was the primary channel (such as 9-1), while on other channels it might be one or more of the sub-channels. If I went into the Edit Channel Lineup menu, all channels were listed, and none were checked to hide them. The only way I could restore the channels to the guide was to toggle the Hide checkbox on and then back off. Then all of the channels were again displayed in the guide. Also, if they weren't in the guide you couldn't toggle the channel up/down buttons into the missing channels either. They were completely unavailable.According to the System Update menu, the TV hasn't had a firmware update since July 19, so it's not a firmware update issue, unless Roku pushed out something that didn't change the firmware version number.
My Sharp 4K Roku TV had the same exact problem when I checked it today as well. But since I have it in the beta program, I can't divulge the firmware version of that one. But since the Insignia isn't part of the beta group, I don't believe that has anything to do with it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
cliffman1992
Level 7

Re: Roku TV channel guide not showing all channels

I know this is old but I am having the same problem on a brand new TCL. Did you ever resolve this issue? I am about to return the TV because without the ability to input channel numbers mixed with them dissapearing off the tv makes this incredibly frustrating.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

1) Disable Settings > TV Inputs > Antenna TV > Favorite Channels
2) Re-scan Settings > TV Inputs > Antenna TV > Scan again for channels
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"apodtele" wrote:

Doesn't change anything. This much time has passed and I still have the same issue. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"apodtele" wrote:

Doesn't change anything. This much time has passed and I still have the same issue.

With Favorite Channels enabled, what you tend to watch up is bumped up. You have to disable this feature, or look for the missing channels at the bottom of the list.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"apodtele" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"apodtele" wrote:

With Favorite Channels enabled, what you tend to watch up is bumped up. You have to disable this feature, or look for the missing channels at the bottom of the list.

That's what I'm saying. Looking at the main channel list (not the favorites) is still missing channels. When I look in the tuner settings, where you can turn a channel display on or off, all channels and sub-channels are listed. But there's no way to actually view the channel since it's not available in the channel list.
Dan
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

Dude! The favorites and the rest are complimentary to each over. You will find each channel in one of the lists. Just disable the favorites already and see what happens.
0 Kudos
Bwill
Level 7

I bought a new TCL and was trying to hook it up with a digital converter that hooks to the tv using Coaxial. I found that the converter is not needed and it actually limited the number of channels that would appear using the scan for channels. I hope this helps someone in the future. I went from finding 10 channels to 113 channels.
0 Kudos