Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV can’t stay connected to Internet

@leojayden

Thanks for the post.

It doesn't look like you've provided us any information in your post that we can give you further troubleshooting for. What exactly is the issue you are experiencing and what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RachelleT

I have the same issues ONLY on the newer models.  The older models have no issues.  So I would say its a model issue.  Mine disconnects, I scan for internet and choose my main network, it wont connect.  I connected to my second and it connected.  THIS is a ROKU design issue IMO.  I have up to date software, none of the ROKU suggestions have worked.  I am thinking maybe I need to try Apple TV or Firestick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RachelleT

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • when did you start seeing this occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beefpatty
Reel Rookie

Ok.

This should be automated:

Is tv connected to net? No.

Attempt to reconnect/test last connection.

Repeat every 10 seconds while the TV is on and not connected. 

As the user, I shouldn't have to test my wireless connection to regain it. Current I do. And, if I'm able to reconnect every time by testing my wireless connection; the flow is obviously already there... automate it in the **bleep** software so I don't have to go through that flow every **bleep** time my wireless **bleep**s to bed for 10 seconds

0 Kudos