Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV can’t connect Bluetooth headphones to Roku app on HDMI outputs - is there a way around this?

Jump to solution

I bought the 40" Class Select Series Full HD Smart RokuTV to replace my dead 43", however there is no headphone jack on this model. Also the Bluetooth headphone function on the app only works for home screen apps and the antenna but will automatically disable itself whenever I go to an HDMI output and use my PlayStation or laptop, which are the only two things I use the tv for. (There is also no headphone jack in the remote.)

Does anyone know a good way around this? Or can recommend a non-expensive soundbar that plays nice with roku that has a headphone jack in it? This is a huge bummer as my neighbors cannot handle my tv speakers at all hours, and I'm disabled and hard of hearing and around the apt a lot so I spend a lot of time on my PlayStation and laptop.

(A compatible third party soundbar with jack recommendation is preferred to a roku one, as they have made a tv that does less than previous generations and they already get to harvest all my data while they file patents to project ads through the hdmi outputs.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t connect Bluetooth headphones to roku app on HDMI outputs - is there a way around this?

Jump to solution

Hi @rly_exhausted,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that your Roku Mobile app will automatically disable every time you change the input. I will be more than happy to provide more information about this.

Roku mobile app headphone mode does not support HDMI input or any external device that is connected to your 40" Class Select Series Full HD Smart RokuTV. Once you're done using your external devices like your PlayStation or laptop and get back with your Roku TV program, you have to manually activate again the headphone mode on your Roku mobile app.

Just wanted to remind you that the remote for your new 40-inch Class Select Series Full HD Smart Roku TV is the Roku Voice Remote. And if you're looking for a remote with a headphone jack, that would be the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

For reference, you can visit our support article: Accessories - Roku Voice Remote Pro | About 40" Class Select Series Full HD Smart RokuTV

Hope you'll find this information useful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t connect Bluetooth headphones to roku app on HDMI outputs - is there a way around this?

Jump to solution

Hi @rly_exhausted,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that your Roku Mobile app will automatically disable every time you change the input. I will be more than happy to provide more information about this.

Roku mobile app headphone mode does not support HDMI input or any external device that is connected to your 40" Class Select Series Full HD Smart RokuTV. Once you're done using your external devices like your PlayStation or laptop and get back with your Roku TV program, you have to manually activate again the headphone mode on your Roku mobile app.

Just wanted to remind you that the remote for your new 40-inch Class Select Series Full HD Smart Roku TV is the Roku Voice Remote. And if you're looking for a remote with a headphone jack, that would be the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

For reference, you can visit our support article: Accessories - Roku Voice Remote Pro | About 40" Class Select Series Full HD Smart RokuTV

Hope you'll find this information useful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.