Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denny3
Level 7

Roku TV & Sennheser RS175 Headphones

Jump to solution

I currently have a Roku TV 7303x Insignia Model #NS-55DR620NA18. I also have a Sennheister RS175 Digital TV Wireless Headphones

I can only connect the headphones to the TV by 3.5mm audio analog jack. This allows the headphones to work but mutes the TV. The only way to toggle back to the TV speakers is by removing the 3.5mm audio jack from the back of the TV. The Sennheister RS175 has a optical digital jack, however the Roku TV does not have a audio optical digital jack.

I would like to be able to use the TV speakers in conjunction with the Headphones and/or toggle between the two separately without unplugging the 3.5mm jack on the back of the TV.

My question is. If I purchase a Roku Smart Soundbar would that allow for a little easier application and flexibility in using these Headsets? Would the soundbar and headset work together or independently?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku TV & Sennheser RS175 Headphones

Jump to solution

@Denny3  Thanks for the note here. We don't currently support the use of multi-mode audio output for audio playback. You can either use the TV's internal speakers, a connected A/V receiver/soundbar, the 3.5mm audio jack, or private listening via the Roku mobile app; but only one at a time. 

With private listening via the Roku mobile app, we do support the user of up to 4 mobile devices at one time. Using this method, you could connect your headphones to one mobile device for playback, and a separate audio receiver or speaker connected to your phone via either bluetooth or an audio jack. This is the only solution I can think of that may fit the use-case you are looking for. You can see more about mobile private listening here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Feel free to drop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community to see if anyone else has shared your suggestion and add a kudo, or feel free to create a new one. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku TV & Sennheser RS175 Headphones

Jump to solution

@Denny3  Thanks for the note here. We don't currently support the use of multi-mode audio output for audio playback. You can either use the TV's internal speakers, a connected A/V receiver/soundbar, the 3.5mm audio jack, or private listening via the Roku mobile app; but only one at a time. 

With private listening via the Roku mobile app, we do support the user of up to 4 mobile devices at one time. Using this method, you could connect your headphones to one mobile device for playback, and a separate audio receiver or speaker connected to your phone via either bluetooth or an audio jack. This is the only solution I can think of that may fit the use-case you are looking for. You can see more about mobile private listening here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Feel free to drop by the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community to see if anyone else has shared your suggestion and add a kudo, or feel free to create a new one. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos